June 1, 2020
To Our Awesome Patients and Friends,
We hope all is well with you and your families during these unprecedented times.
We as a community have been through alot over the past few months and are eager to get back to our normal routines that we dearly miss, like going to the dentist! While life has changed all around one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety here at All Brite Dental.
We have been and continue to be at the forefront with our office hygiene and sterilization protocols. We would like to reassure you that when you return to our offices it will be both a safe and comfortable environment.
All Brite Dental follows and exceeds what is recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), Michigan Dental Association (MDA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the guidelines of these agencies so that we are up to date on all new rulings or guidelines that are issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We are exceeding government recommendations as well as the competition in protecting you and your families!
2. We will be fogging with electrolyzed water also known as HOCl or hypochlorous acid. HOCl is a very safe and natural disinfectant, in fact the body makes this naturally to fight infection. We will be disinfecting staff members and patient rooms with HOCl in conjunction with the Universal Standard Precautions that were in use before the pandemic.
3. Doctors and Staff will be wearing special clothing that may make us look like astronauts........ Do not be afraid it is to protect all of us.
4. Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those questions again when you are in the office.
5. We have hand sanitizer that we ask you to use when you enter the office. Please have your mask or face covering on when coming to the office. We will be fogging the soles of your shoes with natural disinfectant. At this time we will also take your temperature with a touch less thermometer in accordance with guidelines.
6. In our waiting room we will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, etc. since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Additionally, our chairs and furniture will be rearranged and configured to practice social distancing
7. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Please try not to reschedule or cancel appointments this will mean a longer waiting time for you to be seen because of the backlog of patients.
8. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as reduce the number of patients in the waiting area at any one time. We will require you to call or text our office upon arrival and you may need to wait in your vehicle until we are able to admit you into the office.
9. Once in the treatment room you will be asked to rinse and gargle, to the best of your ability, with a special mix of hydrogen peroxide and listerine after which your treatment will begin with the aforementioned equipment.
We feel that with all these precautions everyone will be safe and comfortable. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends. To make an appointment, please call (734) 675-8844 for Brownstown or (313) 562-3388 for Dearborn.
Ayesha Rafiq, DDS
Zia Rafiq, DDS