Dental Options That Will Give You a New Smile
Get a new smile worthy of a magazine cover
Everyone wants a perfect smile, and when we feel that our teeth do not look good, our confidence takes a hit. It happens to the best of us. Many famous people have had smile upgrades with cosmetic dental services to make their smiles more camera-ready.
A smile makeover is what you need to improve your smile when your teeth have multiple issues that you would like corrected. The good news is our Dental Office in Dearborn can help!
Reasons to get a smile makeover
Each person has their own unique dental situation. One person may have straight, healthy teeth that are stained. Another may have both missing and stained teeth. This means that a cosmetic dentist has to come up with a treatment plan that is tailor-made to fit each patient’s needs.
If a person has one or more of the following issues, they should think of getting a smile makeover.
- Discolored teeth from stains, age or decay: Teeth whitening treatments restore the original white color of the teeth, which creates a smile that is pleasant to look at
- Crooked, gapped, crowded or uneven teeth: Misaligned or uneven teeth result in a crooked smile, so fixing these imperfections will improve the teeth from a cosmetic and oral health standpoint
- Missing teeth: A gap in the teeth causes the jawbone to shrink and the rest of the teeth to shift toward the gap, causing dental misalignment; replacing a tooth maintains the health of the teeth and jaws while improving the look of a smile
- A gummy smile: Longer teeth make a person look better and more youthful, so reducing the size of the gums improves a smile
- A face that could use some reshaping: A person can get jaws and cheekbones that are more defined with the help of orthodontic treatments or maxillofacial surgeries; these treatments are popular with older people or patients with jaw imperfections
Common dental treatments used to create a new smile
1. Teeth whitening: This treatment is used bleach discolored teeth that are otherwise healthy. It cannot be used to bleach dental restorations.
2. Veneers: They are used to cover up imperfections like teeth that are discolored, chipped or broken. Veneers are also used to conceal slightly gapped or crooked teeth.
3. Dental caps: They are used to encase the whole outer tooth. As a dental restoration, caps are used to reinforce a tooth that has been damaged by decay or injury. As a cosmetic treatment, they are used to create an even smile by covering teeth that are severely stained, broken or worn down.
4. Dental implants: These are used to replace missing teeth. They are placed in the jawbone where the root of the extracted tooth used to be. After the jaw and gum have healed, dental crowns, bridges or dentures are attached to the implants.
These act as the outer teeth that are used to give a gap-free smile. Implants also encourage bone growth in the jaw and keep the teeth from becoming misaligned.
5. Orthodontic treatments: They are used to correct imperfections like overbites, underbites and gapped or crowded teeth. Orthodontics are also used to repair deformities of the jaws that affect the structure and aesthetics of the face.
Orthodontic treatments range from braces, jaw expanders and headgear to maxillofacial surgeries. In many cases, correcting a malocclusion requires a combination of orthodontic treatments.
6. Gum contouring: This procedure is used to improve a gummy smile, even out the gum or make the teeth look longer.
The dentist will put it all together
Depending on the state of your teeth, our dentist in Dearborn or our Brownstown Dental Office will use at least one dental treatment when creating a treatment plan for your smile makeover. They will schedule the procedures in a specific order and over a period of time.
The amount of time that you will need to get a new smile will depend on all the things that need to be fixed in your teeth, jaw and gums.