If you are worried you might have a potential issue that could lead to a Root Canal, please call our Dearborn Office or Brownstown Office ASAP.
At All Brite Dental, we work with highly skilled endodontists that can help restore your teeth so they can last a lifetime.
What is a root canal?
A root canal is a procedure that may be necessary when a tooth becomes infected. As the infection worsens, patients may need a root canal treatment to remove the bacteria and prevent reinfection of the tooth. Endotist specialists do this to help save the original tooth.
If you have an existing tooth infection or are concerned you may have an issue, it's important to contact us ASAP to receive treatment before irreversible damage occurs.
What are some common symptoms?
You should come to see us ASAP if you experience any of these symptoms:
- Ongoing pain or discomfort. Not all cases involve persistent pain, the pain may sometimes go away, however it will always come back.
- Sensitivity to heat or cold. If your teeth hurt when drinking a cold or warm beverage, this may be an indication of a deeper issue and should be discussed with us immediately.
- Discoloration - If your tooth becomes discolored you should have it examed immediately. Discoloration doesn't always indicate an infection, however, it's always good to let us know if this occurs to your teeth.
- Swelling in the gums or cheek area. Swollen or painful gums can indicate infection. If your gums are painful to the touch let us know ASAP.
- Loose teeth. If your teeth start to get a little wiggle room you may have an issue.
What to expect from a root canal treatment.
Thankfully, the root canal treatment is mostly painless. In most cases, you'll have less discomfort during recovery than if you had the tooth extracted altogether.
The procedure starts with the anesthetic to numb the areas before the dental team works to remove the infected areas. After the procedure is complete, your team will go over everything with you and provide aftercare instructions.
If you are interested in a dental appointment, please give us a call today.
Teeth Grinding FAQs
If you grind your teeth while sleeping, there is a good chance you will experience headaches during the […]
Are Dental Implants for Everyone?
Dental implants are an excellent solution for people with missing teeth. The success rate is high, and most […]
FAQs About Local Dental Anesthesia
Your dentist might need to apply dental local anesthesia to numb an area of your mouth while performing […]
Dearborn, MI Location | Call Office: (313) 562-3388
Get Directions: 22190 Garrison St #205, Dearborn, MI 48124
Brownstown, MI Location | Call Office: (313) 562-3388
Get Directions: 27007 Allen Rd, Brownstown Charter Twp, MI 48183