At All Brite Dental, we love helping our patients take care of their oral health with preventative dental care. We also love repairing damaged smiles with our restorative & cosmetic dental services.
General Dental Care Will:
- Improve your dental health - and your overall health too since the condition of your oral health affects the rest of your body.
- Help keep your mouth free of decay and gum disease.
- Relieve discomfort caused by dry mouth.
- Protect your teeth from damage caused by grinding.
- Prevent small issues from becoming big problems.
Our general dentistry services include:
- Our Dental team recommends having your teeth cleaned at least twice per year. This way, we can remove the plaque that has built up on or in between your teeth. Regardless of how well you brush your teeth, it is difficult to clean hard-to-reach spaces, leading to a buildup of plaque and tartar. Since plaque can increase your risk of getting cavities, removing it can help you to be in better health.
- We use state of the art laser cleaning to painlessly disinfect 99% of the bacteria under the gums before we start your second step...the scaling. During scaling most people's gums bleed which is due to little tears in the blood vessels that are inside your gum pocket. This tearing can allow the bacteria from your mouth to get into your bloodstream. The laser makes for a more “heart smart” cleaning by eliminating the bacteria beforehand!
Oral cancer detection.
- Our general dentistry services include looking for signs of oral cancer while cleaning and examining your teeth. At All Brite Dental, we understand the important role we play in detecting signs of the disease. If we see these signs, we can refer you to an oncologist for further testing.
- Laser cleaning is also used when "Deep Cleaning" or "Gum Disease Treatments" are necessary. By using lasers we are able to reach the desired results quicker and with less pain. This cleaning will get you on the right track as long as the patient is doing their part at home with proper hygiene. Following scaling/root planing the epic laser is again used to remove a thin layer of diseased tissue to allow for faster healing and for the gums to “tighten up.” In addition, the laser is bio stimulating to increase blood flow to the area for faster healing …..wow! This does cost extra because of the extra time spent in using the laser. But with less bleeding, pain, and faster healing it is worth every penny!
Bad breath treatments.
- If your breath is smelly, you do not have to live with it. Very often, this is caused by a cavity, infection, or gum disease. By cleaning your teeth and your tongue, we can typically remove the cause of your bad breath. Call us today if you would like to get rid of bad breath.
Treating gum disease.
- We prevent and treat gum disease at both our Dearborn & Brownstown dental offices. This is one of our most important general dentistry services because if gum disease is left untreated, it can lead to gum recession and tooth loss. We can treat it by removing plaque from underneath your gums. Typically, this will help restore your gums to good health.
- Studies have found that fluoride treatment can reduce your child's risk of getting cavities by 30 percent or more. Fluoride works as a mineral that strengthens your teeth. In between appointments, you can use a fluoride toothpaste to continue strengthening them.
- At All Brite Dental, we can treat any of your cavities and restore the missing tooth structure with a dental filling. We can place natural-looking, tooth-colored fillings, so your tooth looks both natural and beautiful.
- If the center of your tooth is infected, you most likely need a root canal. The obvious sign of this is if you have tooth sensitivity or a toothache. To perform a root canal, we will create a small hole in the tooth to remove the infected area prior to cleaning the area, seal it up with a rubber-like material, and then use a filling or dental crown to restore and protect the tooth.
- If you have damaged your tooth, our general dentistry services can restore it in both form and appearance. We have several options for doing so, including dental bonding, dental veneers, and dental crowns.
FAQs - General Dentistry Services
At our dental office, we recommend you have your teeth cleaned at least twice per year. This way, we can remove the plaque that has built up on or in between your teeth. Regardless of how well you brush your teeth, it is difficult to clean hard-to-reach spaces, leading to a buildup of plaque and tartar. Since plaque can increase your risk of getting cavities, removing it can help you to be in better health. These appointments can be completed quickly, and we can attempt to work within your schedule.
If you or your children have deep ridges on the chewing surfaces of your teeth, you should consider dental sealant. Patients can use this procedure as a way to reduce their risk of developing cavities. This is an easy way to protect your teeth, because we can apply sealant in a matter of minutes. It works by acting like a protective barrier so food particles and plaque cannot become trapped, thereby reducing your risk of developing cavities.
When you visit our dental office, we can show you and your family how to brush your teeth properly, how to select the right toothbrush, what foods to avoid and what foods to eat for a healthy mouth and beautiful smile. We can also provide you with specific instructions that relate to your personal oral health.
Ready to schedule your appointment? Please give us a call today!